The 16th Annual African American Genealogy Seminar will be virtual on Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 8:30am-2:30pm.
In addition to classes on Beginning Genealogy, Census Records, Researching at the Sutro Library and the California Archives, we are pleased to present new classes on
- “Identifying Ancestors Through DNA and Genealogy” by Nicka Sewell Smith
- “Hidden Treasures in the FamilySearch Catalog” by Michael Willis
- “Coming to The Table” Experience by Kanika Marshall
- “Black History and Juneteenth” by George Palmer
- “African American WWI Records” by Linda Jack
- “Captured Roots” by Marinda Johnson Sessoms
- …and many, many more.
The attached flyer provides information on curriculum and registration which provides you full access to all the classes, e-syllabus and entry into a drawing for a DNA test kit.
For more information on Contact Sharon Styles on the website, http://www.aafhs.com, or by calling (916) 275-8084.